Do you need more baggage?
Customers who have booked on brusselsairlines.com can purchase excess baggage in advance by clicking on the banner above. Customers who have not booked on brusselsairlines.com can purchase excess baggage in advance via our Service Centre. The same fares will then apply.
Any baggage in excess of the free luggage allowances is subject to excess baggage charges. You can find our baggage fees here:
*incl. Agadir & Marrakech
- Excess baggage of up to 100 kg / 220 lbs. per person or party can in principle be carried as checked baggage without prior consent of Brussels Airlines at the time of booking
- Excess baggage over 100 kg / 220 lbs. per person or party can only be carried as checked baggage with prior consent of Brussels Airlines at the time of booking.
- Every single baggage should not exceed the limit of 32kg.
- Passengers may check in a maximum of 5 pieces. All pieces exceeding this maximum amount must be sent via cargo.
- Baggage dimensions exceeding 203cm (L+H+D) are subject to evaluation on acceptance.
For more information please contact our Service Centre: +32 2 723 23 62
Most Significant carrier rule
For tickets including flights with other airlines than Brussels Airlines the Most Significant Carrier rule applies according to the IATA resolution 302, effective as from April 2011:
As a general rule, the free baggage allowances apply when Brussels Airlines operates the geographically longest or most significant stretch of the journey. If the longest leg or the most significant stretch of the journey is operated by another airlines, its baggage allowance rules may apply on Brussels Airlines flights or on codeshared flights. The applicable free baggage allowance is mentioned on your electronic ticket.
Exception for flights to, from and across the USA and Canada.
Under the consumer protection law by the US Department of Transportation and the Decision issued by the Canadian Transport Authority (CTA) that apply to all flights to, from and across the USA and Canada following baggage conditions apply:
- Consistency of baggage rules: same free baggage allowance, excess baggage charges and hand baggage regulations are to be applied throughout the journey
- The applicable baggage rules are usually the ones set by the airline listed first on the ticket
- Any airlines listed as first carrier on a ticket can chose freely to transfer the baggage rules to any other airline in the itinerary (MSC).