Hand Luggage is luggage carried in the cabin, under the passenger's personal custody. The free handluggage allowance corresponds to the class of travel.
Such items may only comprise those articles which are suitable for carriage in the passenger cabin, such as:
- overnight bags
- portable PCs
- similar hand baggage
Hand luggage must be stowed on board:
- in the overhead compartment
- under the seat in front of the passenger
On flights operated by one of our codeshare partners, the rules of the respective partner apply.
Each piece of hand luggage may not be larger than 55 x 40 x 23 cm. Exceptions are foldable garment bags. They count as hand baggage up to a size of 57 x 54 x 15 cm.
The following items may be carried free of charge:
- 1 overcoat, wrap or blanket
- 1 umbrella or walking stick
- 1 ladies handbag
- a reasonable amount of reading material
- 1 small camera or binoculars
- 1 laptop bag
- infant's carrying basket or fully collapsible stroller/pushchair
- Infant's food for consumption on board
- medical equipment
Pieces of luggage exceeding these limits have to be checked in. As the stowage space in the cabin is limited we will transport them in the hold of the aircraft. This is in the interests of your own and other passengers' safety and comfort.
It is not allowed to carry items in your hand baggage that can cause injuries:
- Fake weapons and items that may be used as weapons which can discharge a projectile
- Pointed and sharp items (e.g. scissors, pocket knives)
- Blunt items (e.g. baseball bat)
- All other dangerous items
Brussels Airlines may refuse to carry unchecked baggage that is:
- likely to endanger the aircraft, persons or property
- likely to be damaged by air carriage
- unsuitably packed
- forbidden by any applicable laws, regulations or orders of any State to be carriedfrom, into or over
- unsuitable for air carriage due to its weight, size or nature
- not fitting under the seat or which cannot be stowed in the overhead compartment
or be securely fastened to a seat
If you would like to take for example an MP-3 player, a portable CD player, a laptop or mobile phone with you in your hand baggage the security laws of the respective place of departure apply.
Please note that due to local law or regulations the unchecked baggage limit may be different.