As infants normally do not occupy a seat, Brussels Airlines provides customers with the facility to use a baby basket on certain intercontinental flights. Please note that the seats in front of the baby baskets are only bookable against a fee (€120 on Economy Privilege seats and €60 on seats with extra leg space). The baskets are equipped with linen, pillow and a blanket.
- 70 cm/27.5 inches long
- 30 cm/11 inches wide
Baskets are made for babies of up to approximately 6-8 months. The maximum weight of the baby should be 10 kg, basket excluded. For security reasons, the maximum permissible weight for baby baskets including the baby is limited to 15 kg. Please note that babies are not allowed to be kept in the basket during turbulence. Baskets must be stowed away during take-off and landing.
Please contact our Service Centre to request a basket.
Please note that the number of baskets on board is limited.
There is no charge for the transportation of folding buggies and pushchairs. The strollers must be labelled at check-in and will be folded and stored in the hold during the flight and delivered to the passenger upon arrival. Passengers are allowed to bring their babies up to the aircraft entrance in their own baby strollers.
Child restraint devices
Please note that a child in a restrain device shall never be located at emergency/exit row or immediately forward or after the emergency-exit row. In any case, children under the age of 12 are not allowed to seat at the emergency/exit row.
Car-seat type restraint devices
If you have booked a seat for your child, you can bring your own car seat on board. Car seats are allowed for take-off, landing and during turbulence.
Car seats are accepted on board of Brussels Airlines flights if they have the following labels:
- CRDs approved for use in motor vehicles according to the UN standard ECE R 44, -03 or later series
- CRDs approved for use in motor vehicles and aircraft according to Canadian CMVSS 213/213.1
- CRDs approved for use in motor vehicles and aircraft according to US FMVSS No 213 and manufactured to these standards on or after February 26, 1985. US approved CRDs manufactured after this date must bear the following labels in red letters:
- A. ‘THIS CHILD RESTRAINT SYSTEM CONFORMS TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS’; and,
- B. ‘THIS RESTRAINT IS CERTIFIED FOR USE IN MOTOR VEHICLES AND AIRCRAFT’;
- CRDs qualified for use in aircraft according to the German ‘Qualification Procedure for Child Restraint Systems for Use in Aircraft’ (TÜV Doc.: TÜV/958-01/2001).
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Service Centre to make sure that your car seat will be accepted on board.
Shell-type restraint devices
Shell-type restraint devices (i.e. Maxi Cosi) are not allowed during take-off, landing and turbulence and the use is restricted for comfort only (feeding or sleeping).
Please contact our Service Centre for more information.